Madeline is now 9 months old. At this stage she:
- Squeals and kicks her legs at the baby sign and spoken question, “Do you want some milk/food?”
- Sleeps through the night but not during nap time. I guess if I have to pick one…
- Twists her body when reaching for toys while on her belly (a position she still doesn’t like)
- Holds a regular cup with two hands and manages to get most of the contents in her mouth
- Screeches in agony when anyone other than Mom or Dad tries to hold her (oh yes, she’s reverted back, much to our dismay)
- Grunts and babbles with real intonation. She is having a real conversation, don’t you know?
- Displays great promise of reaching “Drama Queen” status with her shrill cries and real tears
Maddie, your little personality grows stronger every day. We love your laugh and bright-eyed curiosity, not to mention your sweet angel face and curly hair. You are a fun kid to have around. But please consider napping more than 30 minutes per session, would you?